Tom, you apparently have decided to pass on the used/newly replaced unit Pete has in his possession.

We were forced into doing some dishwasher research a few months ago. However, I remembered the Homeowner's Warranty that came with the purchase of the house. Faster than you can say "freebie, except for the $75 deductible", the entire dishwasher was essentially rebuilt and has been working famously ever since.

Your list of choices was similar in scope to our summary. However, all of the research pointed us to Kitchenaid for all the right reasons (features, reliability, workmanship, etc). Price aside, the user info and reviews I ferreted out point to this line as the one you want at the end of the day.

A bit pricey, but quality tells in the end. We normally back off one or two from the top of the line (esoteric features you pay for and don't use). Kitchenaid is my recommendation and it will also make Mrs.Tom happy, thereby giving you a little peace along the way.

If she doesn't like the dishwasher, I'd suggest Pete's approach - buy her a kayak.