Ok guys, here is the deal. First of all me and the wife live in a Townhouse and we have done alot of remodeling. We have the "Modern/simplistic" look going in the house. Long story short, my 5.1 system no longer works with the look of the house. Also the fact that I like to watch movies around 9-12pm and I could never turn the volume up at all as it would wake up the wife and the neighbors.

What im doing is, getting rid of everything except for my 2 Axiom M60 Tower speakers.

Now my question. Right now I have my Denon Reciever set to "phantom" mode and told the reciever that I have no center, surrounds, or sub. This is were I kinda get lost. Is this the best way to go about what im trying to do?

Basiclly what I want to know is, is there some type of 2 channel reciever that is made for just 2 speakers and still gives me that Dolby and DTS decoding where I can run an optical cable from my cable box and DVD player right into this 2 channel reciever?

As you can see, im kinda lost. I hope the above question made sense. If not, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Thanks