You are correct duff, this is not a negative comment in anyway. Those who know of my posts, know I think highly of Axiom...in their market price point (and above it actually). They are good value for the money. However, as with any product, there are products at many prices, with many virtues for their price. A low priced car has good qualities, but when you move to a very high priced car, it is outclassed. This is no different in audio. Duff mentions competitors being 10 times the price, and those expensive speakers are made without the need to produce product AND profit for $1000. Limitations at any price make it a requirement to limit the components that are installed. Truth be told, I am very happy with the sound Ian designed my Axioms to make for $1000!. But they do have limitations, and you would be less than honest with yourself if you did not believe this.

But price is only part of it, as the real test is the sound and quality of the speaker. I urge people to spend some time and find a hifi dealer. Listen to $30k systems, and see if you find the sound proper. Don't take the word of the dealer (or me for that matter), but do you like it?

Some of the most "exotic" speakers sound amazing, almost as if the band could be touched. But, speakers are only part of the equation. A quality source will bring more music to the listener than the speakers, because if the source can not reproduce the music correctly from the media (CD/DVD?Vinyl), the speakers can not add what is missing. But that is another discussion.

Regards,

BBIBH