Every time I fly, I call ahead about the lighter situation... it seems to change daily here... I think currently you're allowed one disposable butane lighter, but no liquid fuel (ie: Zippo) lighters on domestic flights.

I think I might just start carrying flint & steel and a tinderbox... I'm the guy that runs off the plane and sneaks that smoke in before the luggage carousel fires up.

I'm also a nightmare for airport security... Leatherman Super Tool in my checked luggage (thankfully the Air Canada woman reminded me once it was still on my belt as I was checking luggage) and there's always something in my carry on that has to stay out of the X-ray machine (film, video tape or magnetic media).

A favorite sphincter-puckering experience was coming back from Queen City, going through airport security and having my carry-on swabbed for residue... and at that very moment remembering I spent some of my time there firing a .22 match rifle with a target shooting buddy. Was really glad I was wearing that jacket at the time, keeping my gunpowder-residued sleeve away from the swabbing.

Bren R.