JohnK, thanks for the reply I appreciate your comments. Several people at the AVSForum indicated that the latest Panasonic's did not present natural skin tones, and looked too much like a painting. I briefly viewed the 50" Panasonic and the 42" Samsung at Sears. But my viewing was too brief to form an honest opinion. Also who knows how the department stores have adjusted the settings to push one brand over the another. I did like the black frame of the Samsung over the silver on the Panasonic. Is there a reason you suggested the Panasonic over the Samsung?

I agree with your comments about the rear speakers, but the wife would freak if I had large speakers like the Polks or Axioms hanging from the ceiling. She has been fairly tolerant of my audio/home theater hobby so I’ll compromise on the rear surrounds. Do you have any input as to what I can expect going from Paradigm Monitor 11s to the Axiom M80s also going from the HSU VTF2 to the EP600V. I was also wondering about the VP150. I have read some people report that the VP150 has an off axis problem, do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks again.