Buying cables for the HT room now, which means this project is about done........

I’m looking for a gizmo and not real sure what to call it or if “it” is any good or not. By good, meaning that I’m a bit concerned about signal degradation.

I’ve got one HDMI input on my projector plus two component inputs, one S-video and one coax. I’d like to run a single HDMI cable to the projector just to keep things simple and clean.

I just bought a DVD player that has DVI output (Oppo 971). I’m buying a new satellite receiver that will have HDMI and component outputs (Vip622). Then there’s the “other” video stuff that will eventually get plugged into the projector.

I’ve been eyeballing a stand alone video processor like the DVDO VP30 and Lumagen Pro, but at $2000 or so plus the cost of a SDI modified DVD player, I just don’t want one bad enough yet. Seeing how I’m already looking at them, it’ll only be a matter of time before I buy one, but for now, I’m sitting on the check book.

So what is out there that I can plug all these video outputs into that will output a single HDMI signal???? Something that actually works well, but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?