Quote:

Okay, this gets more complicated, but when there's a power consumption number given it usually isn't at maximum power(unless it specifically said maximum). Usually for a receiver it's how much power is consumed with all channels operating at 1/8th of maximum. That may sound odd, but it's part of the Underwriters Laboratory requirement for testing for overheating. Example: 7x100 watt amps, 1/8th of that is about 90 watts, at 1/8th power this class of amp is roughly 20% efficient and would consume about 450 watts to output 90, and the 450 watt consumption figure might be on the back of the receiver.

Ok got ya. Thanks.

2 more questions.

1. Is it correct to assume that it dosent matter if everything is plugged into 1 outlet or if everything is spread across the whole circuit. Aslong as the load isnt greater then 15amps it dosent matter. Is my thinking correct or no?

2. On the Outlaw sub that I have ordered. Its specs are as follows:

150WRMS/800W Peak

Power Outlet Requirement 300Watts

Can someone explain to me what "RMS" is and what exactly the peak spec means. Also, the power outlet requirement is 300watts yet the sub has a peak level of 800watts. Dosent this mean that at some point the sub may require 800watts? If so why would its requirement only be set at 300watts in the spec?

thanks