Hey everyone.

I decided to do a little post about my experience with the system I recently setup.

So one day I was looking around ebay and I found some nice new tube amplifiers which wern't too unreasonably priced. I wasn't going to buy anything but my girlfriend said I should treat myself since I hadn't got anything in a long time for myself. So, I placed a bid on one, not knowing what it would sound like, the quality of it, anything. It was a pretty risky thing I guess. The amp isn't even branded really, haha. But anyways $800 later I received it, set it up, listened abit and thought it was pretty good. Not a bad purchase. I waited a couple weaks, listening occasionally, but never a proper listening session. I ordered some nice axiom speaker cables, and when I got them I took the time to reposition my speakers, hook up the new cables, and really take a good listen.

I can't even believe what I heard. The music coming out of my speakers was so unbelievable.. I don't really know how to describe it. It's like the sound became alive.. The detail was so articulate and percise, the highs had like an organic sound, alittle bit of a sizzle to them, which otherwise have sounded sterile to me. Previously I thought it was impossible to get a sound that would be as enjoyable as listening to music on my headphones (AKG K-401) cause I just love the precsision they give and of course the huge stereo sound of good headphones.. But now I can say I like listening to my speakers better. I listen to mostly electronic music, and I put on one Berber and Tamra track where there's this luscious breakdown of just guitar and a beautiful female vocal, and serious that part of the track gave me chills down my spine for a solid minute.

I also make music, or at least I used to, and I popped in my own CD. I couldn't believe some of the sounds, they had such refreshingly vibrant textures that I have never even experienced like that before.

It might sound like I am exaggerating, but I am 100% sure there's a big improvement with this amp (possibly the wires too? I dont wanna suggest it ahha).

Here's the info for the amp:

Output Impedance : 4 - 8 ohm
Output Power : 65W x 2 ( CLASS A )
Frequency Response : 20 HZ - 92 KHZ
HI END OUTSTANDING S / N Ratio : 92 dB
pure copper RCA INPUT JACKETS
Tubes : KT88 x 4
HI - END MKP CAP

So that's my experience. Hope you found it entertaining/useful.