Auzzie1, I did have the sub placed tight in the right front corner but moved it inside of the front main for more separation with the mains and other than missing some stacking up of bass in the rear catycorner I haven't noticed any significant difference as far as sound quality. I believe the 500/600 sub would shake the foundation regardless of room placement.

I have my trim set to flat, which I believe is the recommended setting? Everything is set to small and crossed over at 80 with all LFEs to the sub for music and movies.

Yes the 7.1 sounds incredible *but* there is some awesome 5.1 material out there that sounds amazing. The Axiom QS speakers are simply amazing, the sound placement is as near perfect as one can expect and to me they look extremely nice on the walls and blend very well with the room.

Stevie is the man...no I do not play but my next winter project is to build a replica #1 for a little room decor. Good luck with Little Wing, what an awesome song!

Future plans include (besides finishing the room) acoustic treatments, complete separate electronics and probably a second 600. We'll see.

Rick
Our Room

smile