Well, I've read and tried to digest the opinions of hackers and strangers at Howard Forums and elsewhere. Now, I come to my friends for advice.

We've been on Verizon for many years and are basically satisfied with coverage and bill accuracy. Our deal is up and so I'm shopping. And where else would I go for consultation about how to spend money on things with buttons?

Here's what I am pondering:
1. Stay with Verizon and get Motorola V3m Razrs. There are millions of them, and people seem to know how to hack the bejeezus out of them. Even without SEEM hacks, I can probably still synchronize calendars and phone books.
2. Stay with Verizon and get 1-2 Motorola Q's instead of Razrs. Windows Mobile. Stream your slingbox to your mobile device. Oh, the possibilities. Oh, the cost.
3. Shop for Razrs or Windows mobile devices at Cingular, mostly for form factor and the satisfaction of executing consumer choice. The pricing doesn't seem to be hugely different.

I don't like the looks of Sprint/Nextel for a variety of reasons, and the T-Mobile coverage in my area is not great.

It'll be me and the wife on a shared minute plan. I'm still on the fence about the data plans being under my threshold of pain. I'm mostly interested in good, small phones upon which I can converge at least some PDA-type information. This whole deal is completely unsubsidized and non-integrated with employer concerns.

So, what say you, my technology savant friends?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem