Just a few comments, both Blu Ray AND HD DVD will play your "old" DVDs.

The image of the HD DVD (when Worst Buy sets it up correctly like that did at my local shop) looks the same to me as it does on Blu Ray. I wish that they had a demo disc mastered in both formats that would allow for a true A/B comparison.

I feel for Arcticair. $1200cdn is a big investment. If I made that kind of investment, I would be hoping that it ended up being the one that wins out as well.

Thanks DoubtingThomas29 for the review. As we all can see, both players are good and bad in different ways. I hope that all of the people in the world more wealthy than I am buy thousands of each type so that prices come down, technology gets better, and the world starts sorting through which one will win out in the end. Until then, I am keeping my money in my pocket.

For HomeDad and Arcticair, I cheer for Blu Ray. For the pure fact that HD DVD tried to come out with the first hi-def player that was more cost effective to make, and thus kept the consumer in mind for getting established, I like to cheer for them too.

Farewell - June 4, 2020