I don't want to be a buzzkill here or anything, and my comments don't conform precisely with this thread, but I haven't hijacked anything in about ten minutes so here I am.

Ahem.

Once upon a time, in the Tuttleplex Home Cinema and Saloon, the VP100 center speaker was placed in a cabinet below the bigass TV. This worked well enough, as the proprietor had taken careful measure of the angles and baffles and such. Then, one day, that spot in the equipment rack was required for some other purpose, and - having the option to do so - your correspondent employed an omnimount contraption and moved the speaker up on top of the TV.

Lo, and behold. The dialog became like clarified butter (except without all that whey in the bottom of the cup). The soundstage opened up like Bruce Willis with an uzi. The highs verily chimed as if on the breath of angels. Peace broke out in the middle east.

Okay, it wasn't THAT big a deal, but it sounded better to me in that TOTALLY unscientific way. It is very noticably better for movies, even though the tweeter of the center is now 3 feet higher than the mains.

But it does look really weird.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem