My wife has been wanting to replace the 19" TV/DVD/VCR combo that is taking up a TON of space on our kitchen counter. So for her birthday (way back in June) she asked for money from everyone to get a 15" LCD TV.

Well, here we are in July, and still no TV. The problem we are having is that she picked up one (on her own, so I give her credit there) that was a no-name brand, and I couldn't find any specs on it as far as contrast, brightness, resolution, etc. All I know is that with all of the windows in our house, there is a lot of light in the room, and the picture was washed out looking in order to make it even visible.

I did a little research, and I found out that there are a LOT of variances in price, resolution, brightness, contrast, all for a what seems like it should be an easy to find stinkin' 15" LCT TV.

Now, my birthday has come and gone. I have some money sitting around too, so I figure that I can contribute to the TV fund as well.

We don't have HD anything, and for the kitchen/dining area, I really don't care if I do, so resolution isn't a big deal (besides, this is only 15"). We are currently feeding a signal from a Dish receiver via coax (dual tuner box located elsewhere in the house).

Any recommendations to look at, or to stay away from? I know that at some point I may need to just buy something again and try it, but I would rather not deal with the return process too much since most placed frown upon that.

Thanks all.

Farewell - June 4, 2020