The easy/sleazy way to do it would be to move the PC to the front but keep it hidden, run a network cable to the back, and add someone's cast-off PC there running Remote Desktop into the "real" PC at the front near the TVs.

Not as convenient as having direct wiring though. My first thought would be to run an RG6 coax for each of R,G,B and see how it works for VGA without amplification. 100 feet is not a real long run for good coax at video frequencies.

Assume you would be running a display resolution of 1280 x 720/768 or something like that ? That's only about 70-80 MHz pixel clock so I think it would probably work OK.

EDIT -- one more point... hooking RG6 coax to VGA connectors is a pain -- if you could find a video card with three RCA jacks on the back panel for component out that might be worth it. If the card uses a dongle to go from a many-pin connector to component it's not worth the bother.

Edit Edit -- Hold on, I just realized you want to run multiple displays, right ? Um... never mind, ignore all of the above, you do need a video distribution amplifier-like thing for that.

Last edited by bridgman; 08/24/06 01:25 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8