This thread is dedicated to those crazy people that do crazy things just to get the Audiophile system they have always wanted. I'll go first with mine:

A little background, I am 23 and newly married about 10 months ago. We just moved into a house that we purchased (so already we are low on cash) and I am currently finishing the basement for a sufficient theatre room!

2 female friends of my wife are students here in Calgary, they both are coming from Penticton BC. They couldn't find anywhere to live that was affordable. So my wife comes to me and says "would you consider housing these girls for the school year?" To top it all off, i don't want to give my "my" basement for these girls, so they are going to be staying upstairs in 2 bedrooms right beside ours...

Of course, me being newly married likes my privacy and likes to be as errr..."loud"...in the house as I want. I was very hesitant. Then she pulls out the master line!

"You can use all the rent money to cover all the costs for the audio and video of the theatre"...

So how could I say no to $1000/month that all goes to the theatre? I couldn't! I am hoping that my privacy still remains semi-intact...But i am sure I could put a lock on the theatre room and spend some time with my wife and be as "loud" as I please!

To sum it up, i gave up major privacy being newly weds for $1000/month to goto my system. What have you done?

-Robb.

Last edited by Hutzal; 09/01/06 07:43 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com