OK, all this praise of Direct TV inspired me to make a few more calls. The first call was very good. They told me that they’d sell me a complete HD package for roughly $200 because I wanted three receivers and one that records. Not bad at all. The second call to the tech department gave me really good news. I only need one dish, their super duper 29” X 24” dish that would be much smaller than my big ol’ ugly 39” dish hanging on my gable end wall like a huge zit ready to pop.

Call #3 to the sales line again I worked out my package I wanted and it costs the same monthly fee that I’m paying now, plus I’d get a third receiver and HD!! I wiped out the CC in glee and when the salesman started taking my information, I got a “that’s weird” response from him. When he pulled up my zip code, the system locked him out. I’m in a part of Alaska where they can not broadcast! Dammit!!

I’m stuck with Dishnet……..bummer…. and I was soooo happy for a minute there. I feel like a teased teenaged boy again. Oh the horrible disappointment after a cruel moment of false hope.