I just mounted my side and back surrounds last night in my little HT room that’s 12 X 16. I wanted to use a set of regular speakers for the backs for music listening more than anything, so I went with the M3’s thinking “oh they are just little speakers”. Well they are not “little” by any means and I’m regretting this brilliantly foolish idea and wishing I would have just bought four QS-8’s. Now I’ve got the M3’s mounted with the Axiom FMB’s with anchors into a wall that there is no way in hell that I’d ever be able to match the paint if I do a wall repair over the anchor holes. They look extremely out of place and not proportionate to the room size. My couch will be about 30” from the back wall and I had to angle the M3’s down (which looks stupid). And because of a door into the HT room’s bathroom on one side wall, and a window on the other side wall, I had to mount the QS-8’s 24” from the back wall and within 4” of the ceiling. They all look like crap crammed together and can only hope that the system will sound right when I fire it all up next week.

So my suggestion to you is to first cut out some cardboard templates that are the same size as the speakers you want to use. Then have someone hold them (or tape them to the wall) where you are thinking about mounting your speakers and see how it all looks. You may find that the Q’s are what you need as they don’t stick out from the wall the 12” that the M3’s do (with the brackets). The M2’s are smaller than the M3’s, but not by much.