Hello, all! I've been reading about Axiom speakers for a long time, but just discovered your forums. I'm new to the home theater world, and am currently planning on building a dedicated HT in my basement. I have a question on room size. I will be working with one side of our finished basement. Two of the dimensions of the theater will be fixed since I'll be working with existing walls: The ceiling is 7' with a tongue and groove drop ceiling already installed. The width is 10'4'" with paneling that I plan to paint and treat with curtains and/or acoustic panels as needed. However, I have almost complete freedom as to the length of the theater; I just need to decide where to build the back wall. I was reading about the 'golden ratios' for room size. Some of these calculations give an approx. 16' length. I was thinking more of 20' or so. Based on my existing height and width, any opinions on the length I should go with? I plan on using a front projector/pull-down screen set-up for the video. For audio, I'm planning on floorstanding M60s or M80s with sub, surrounds, etc.

Any ideas or opinions on how long my theater should be would be appreciated. I'll be working on building/finishing the room this fall/winter, but need to decide the dimensions.

Thanks all!