Sounds like you have the newer version of my house! Very common in Calgary. I wouldn't consider 1500sqft a starter house. It is big enough for 2 kids to enter the picture soon. My wife and I bought our house thinking it large enough to handle our family dreams and it has so far(large pie shaped lot). The neighborhood influences your resale value more than anything else. Then lot size etc. whether or not your house has a home theater is too personal a choice for most buyers, as it has been my experience that they can't see the walls for the furniture sitting in front of them. If a prospective buyer doesn't like the way you have laid out your furniture in the room and it seems small to them you have lost them. Rearrange that same room with a more open feeling and now that buyer is happy. It seems that most just have no imagination to see what the room WILL be like with THEIR stuff in it. Ever watch those "Sell my house" shows on TV. Those people are the proof that alot of people have little vision to what a house could be.

Just remember a bigger house means more to clean and less time to enjoy the sweeter things in life, unless you get maid service.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70