1)
Quote:

60Watts of power

You have that covered with the Onkyo or the HK.

2)
Quote:

Most are around 0.080%, which is over 5x worse than I have from 15 years ago. Technology is moving forward, right? What's up with that?!)

You need not worry about the thd numbers, with them as low as they are they are inaudible.

3)
Quote:

At least 5 audio selections, preferably 6 or more. Part of this hinges on how "video" components can be used in an audio sense. For example, can I play my CD player through a "video 1" or "DVD input"?? I'd really like to have my CD player and Music Choice Digital TV box on different inputs. I'm hearing from you all that I can.

You can connect any audio source ( except a turntable ) to any of the audio inputs, it doesn't matter the tiltle of the input.

4)
Quote:

4. Phono input.

Both receivers, the HK and Onk, have this covered.

5)
Quote:

3 sets of speakers. As I explained, I've used a switch box to create 3 set from my 2 connections now, and that works okay. But, nothing I've found so far offers three sets of speakers, but it's a wish.

You will have to use the speaker switch box no matter what receiver you buy, I don't think one is made that has this ability.

6)
Quote:

Remote control for everything. I have a universal remote that accesses my receiver and PC, allowing me to control my music from any room. I would like to be able to control bass, treble, balance, and speakers the same way, which I cannot now do. I'm not seeing that the technology in 15 years has made any progress here! Am I right?

There is always a universal remote from the likes of Harmony you could look into.

7)
Quote:

Bass, treble, and maybe midrange tone controls. Loudness/pure direct unimportant.

Bass and treble, yes, I've never seen a midrange tone control.

I take that back, my old Fisher has this control.

8)
Quote:

Rec Out: My current receiver allows you to select what your taping source is so that you can tape from one source while listening to another; is this available anywhere?

A little more research is needed.

Quote:

Price around $500 or less.

9) Both in spades.

Last edited by wid; 10/15/06 04:11 PM.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud