If you've been watching the news recently you'll know that about 4 hours ago we had a pretty big earthquake, They are saying about 6.3, The epicenter is pretty much just off the coast of where I live.

It woke me up, The whole house was shaking and I immediatly ran into the doorway to my bedroom where I decided I wanted to get out of the house more so I ran to my doorway that leads outside and stood there to watch my stuff rattling and see the computer monitors shaking all over my desk and then going off because the power went out right then. Definetly had the ole' heartrate up a bit! Biggest earthquake Ive been through yet. We didnt susatin any real structural damage to the house, a few cracks in the drywall and stucco but thats about it. All my cds went flying and most of the drawers opened in my upstairs apartment area and computer,monitors etc all flew around the desk. Almost knocked my cockatiel's cage off its stand. Broke a lamp that fell off a table. And moved some of my stereo components around in the rack but Glad to report the M80's stood their ground. Im actually pretty surprised too!

I drove up to a house im taking care of while the owner is away and he had some damage, Again more drywall damage. Pictures fell off the wall and broke. His tv fell off the shelf. But didnt break. Some damage in the bathroom. Broken tiles etc. Also alot of rockwalls around here have been damaged. I saw a couple houses with some damage.

Overall a fun morning! I guess the hospital and one of the hotels has been damaged pretty bad and are evacuated. Heck, The cruise ship that showed up this morning just steamed off in the middle of the day. Not sure why. Most of the stores are closed so perhaps they just decided to hit the road early.

Some of the roads have had fallen rocks etc on them so thats most likely the damage your hearing about. But we're all ok. Heard the ambulance a few times so im not real sure on any injuries. Cell phones were down for a while,along with radio and local tv stations.