Quote:

If you really want to go for a clean audio route, get an external DAC (digital to audio converter) which will plug in to the USB port of your computer and convert the audio to a clean digital signal. They are quite popular among headphone enthusiasts, so you probably will find the better ones and good opinions on some if you looked on those types of websites. www.headfi.com is a great forum to start.

Good luck!

what about recording though? I do have an input stereo jack on my home PC, but I need something that will record clean. So I think I will have to buy a new soundcard regardless.

Any soundcards you recommend that has an optical out with a good quality input for recording?

To give an update, I am approaching setting up the studio.

I am going to be going with the M3s that I currently am using for a centre channel (in parallel), and order some M2s to replace the M3s for centre channel duty.

I will basically just be recording beats for now, not any vocals or anything so I think the M3s will do just fine. and I really don't want to have 2 pairs of M22s in my house! hahah

If I find myself doing more vocals and instrumental recordings, I will probably get some M60s to replace the M22s, and move the M3s upstairs in the kitchen, and move the M22s into the studio. But for now I can just master the beats in my studio, then play them on the M22s and EP500 to see if I need to fix anything.

I have a backup plan for everything! Right now, the wife loves $300/pair M2s instead of $1000 pair M60s!

Hopefully in the next couple months my sig will read "M22s M3s M2s QS8s EP500"

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 03/26/07 09:30 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com