Here's a followup to my post above:

Yesterday (Tues) I went in person to the B&M store during the day so I'd have a chance to discuss the situation in person with the manager and/or the owner.

We talked about the situation a bit, specifically the fact that the repair center could not find a fault with the player. I suggested that we hook up the player right then and there to give it a test. I had brought along a DVD that consistently locked up at the very beginning.

So we connected the DVD player to one of their HT systems, and the manager started playing the disc. Immediate lockup. He took the DVD to another player in another HT system and it played fine. Ah ha!

The store's resolved my situation by giving me a brand new Integra DPC 7.5 DVD changer. Not a refurbished unit. Not another B-stock. A brand new player that carries a full 3-year warranty.

I am VERY pleased with this result.

So, the end of my story (at least this chapter), is that customer service is still alive and well. I do think I benefited by an on-going relationship with this store over the past 12 years or so. I have purchased a lot of equipment from them, and took many prospective customers in to them.

Integra get my thumbs up for a company willing to stand behind their product. A very refreshing idea, in this day and age.

Much like our liked and respected friends at Axiom.

- JasonEuc M50's, CC370, M3's, Rotel RSX-965, Integra DPC 7.5, Harmony 688