Hi all,

We will be moving into a new (for us) house the 1st of Dec and will need to upgrade the speakers for our 2-channel system. The main room is 18x23 with a 2-story vaulted ceiling. In other words a big room to fill. My current bookshelf speakers are too small for the room. Our listening is a mix of classic rock, blues, jazz and some classical, mostly at moderate volumes.

My main criteria is a speaker that throws a nice wide, yet accurate, soundstage so that we get good sound from anywhere in the room. We will mostlikely place the speakers along the 23' wall.I have listened to several speakers from other companies (B&W, Totem, Thiel) and hope to listen to Vandersteens this weekend. I'd really like to keep this purchase under $1,000 so the only way to do that with some of the other brands is to buy used, which I'm not against, but new would be better How do the M60's compare for those of you that have some experience with other brands. Will the sound, and soundstage be a fit for the room and our listening prefs?