Well I just checked and my receiver does put out more then 1-3 mV AC when the sub works. When I turn the volume down a little, the voltage fluctuates from 0-8 mV AC, and the sub does not turn on here. This is all with my receiver set at +10 db trim for tue sub. So what does this mean then? The sub is working as designed, except I listen to music quieter then the sub was designed to work at, and I have no way to make it stay on at this volume...

If this is the case, it looks like I have a few options:
1)suck it up and play music louder all the time ;
2)return the sub and buy a different brand that doesn't have an auto stand-by, or at least has an override;
3)upgrade to one of Axiom's larger subs which don't have a stand-by mode (as far as I understand).

I don't think option 1 is going to work, since I've found orchestrated music has to be pretty loud before the sub kicks in.

Options 2 is a possibility, but then there's most likely going to be shipping involved, and the finishes won't match. I do think this sub looks awesome in high gloss cherry, and its even better that it matches all my other speakers as well.

Option 3 is also a possibility, but its more money . That's always the catch. From what I've heard, it is a far superior sub in all respects, but its nearly double the price. I'm just waiting for someone to say "come on, its just money"

I'll have to consider my options. I would appreciate any opinions you guys have to offer, as well as any other ideas that may solve my problem.

Oh ya, one other thing I tested. I pulled the high level connections out of one of my mains and fed it into the sub. I changed the fronts to large and set bass out to fronts. Same result as before; the sub even cuts out a little earlier I think. I'm not too sure since I didn't test this extensively, just wanted to see if by some miracle it worked. It may be because I only fed one of the fronts into it instead of both. Either way, I doubt I'd run my sub this way in the end anyways.

____________________________ M22 VP100 QS8 EP500 Yamaha HTR-5960