>>Does anybody have any thoughts about putting 2 SVS PB12–Plus/2 subs in this room?

My only question would be whether you would plan to run them in stock tune (25 Hz) or tune them down to 20 or 16 Hz. You have a nice big room and should be able to get very deep, smooth response, so you might want the subs to roll off a bit deeper than a 25 Hz Plus/2 does. If you *were* going to tune them down to 20 Hz, however, you *might* be better off with something like a pair of Ultras (20 Hz native tune) instead of the Plus/2s; SVS could advise better.

Your lowest room peaks will be around 16, 30 and 32 Hz so you are going to need lots of energy in the 20-25 Hz range to keep a flat response. I would be thinking about a 20 Hz tune rather than 25 myself.

One nice thing about a box sub is that you could put one of them behind the sofa which is the main listening position, just put one of those "console tables" (or whatever you call the table that decorators always want to put behind the sofa) to bridge over the sub so that it doesn't get in the way.

Last edited by bridgman; 11/18/06 08:10 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8