Here's a link for the receiver. The signal-to-noise ratio listed is 100db... not quite sure if that's good or bad, or if I'm even looking at the right thing . Have a look and let me know what you think.

The problem I have with leaving it on is that the EP350 doesn't have a manual override. If I want to disable it, Axiom offered to do it for me, but then its permanent. I then have to either turn it on and off every time I use it, or just leave it on all the time. I've found that the heatsink on the back gets quite hot with very little sound coming out of the sub (barely above current stand-by level), so I'm assuming it would be the similar if no sound were coming out. Not only does this eat up a lot of power, it will also heat up my room a fair bit if left on 24/7. Winter, no problem, but in the summer when its already hot, this would only make it worse. The EP500 on the other hand shouldn't draw much power when muted, or if disabled, just sitting there 'on' with no sound coming out (due to the digital amplifier used); therefore, much less heat and wasted power. This is why I'm considering the 500 over the 350.

____________________________ M22 VP100 QS8 EP500 Yamaha HTR-5960