I’m beginning to think John has been right about wattage requirements. Not fully yet, but I’m at least more open to his comments lately. The demise of my 7300 left me without sound for the HT. I thought I could live with the ‘little’ 46” TV upstairs until I got the AVR replaced, but one day without the 80’s inspired me to try and get them running again. I dragged my old Kenwood surround receiver that is about 15 years old, beat to hell, volume knob flopping around, and covered with sawdust out of the garage and slid it into the rack. I had to trim off some of the braids of my 12 gauge wire just to get it to fit into the speaker clips on the Kenwood. The receiver is rated at 100 wpc, but I know it isn’t anywhere near that (it can’t weigh but 15 pounds max). It’s also just a straight analogue receiver, so no surround for me that I can live with. It has Dolby, but it sounds like crap. Anyway, it’s playing the 80’s just fine. I can crank the hell out of them without clipping or going into protection. This has also made me appreciate just how much low end grunt the 80’s have. They really do play some low bass. When I was lying on the floor screwing around with connections trying to get this receiver to input different sources, I’d switch it on to check my connections from time to time going from dvd to satellite to HDDVD. I could have sworn that the sub was on even though it couldn’t have playing - it’s not hooked up. The LFE coming from the 80’s was very impressive. This is the first time I’ve ever listened to movies with two channel. Everyone who has 80’s ought to try this. You might just be surprised.