The Xbox 360 is my most used source, too. I have both the Toshiba HD-A1 and the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on, and while the standalone player has slightly better video quality and of course the analog 5.1 audio outputs for the new sound formats, I have no major problems with the quality of the Xbox 360's add-on. It sure loads a lot quicker. But yeah, I really like playing a mindless game like Bejeweled 2 Deluxe or Lumines Live on my big-screen TV while enjoying all of the music from my PC's hard drive on my nicer sound system.

One of my coworkers stood in line for a PS3, along with his two brothers, his plan of course being to resell them. Well, the going price on eBay dropped very low even on the first day, so he's had trouble unloading them. I caved and went ahead and bought one from him, my main motivation being able to watch Talladega Nights in high-definition, as well as other upcoming Blu-ray titles like Kung Fu Hustle and Sense and Sensibility. I think Blu-ray playback is going to be the main use. I played Resistance: Fall of Man, which seems to be the highest rated launch title for the system, and it really leaves me wanting more after having just played through Gears of War on the Xbox 360. I'm sure there will be better games, but I think Sony may already be too far behind. Not only on that front, but on the multimedia functionality, and certainly in the online arena. Xbox Live has room for improvement, of course. This initial iteration of Sony's online service is a joke, though. It took me five tries just to download the latest system update, and I have yet to be able to download any of the trailers. So yeah, for a while I think the only thing I'll get out of it is Blu-ray playback. It's just amazing to me that Sony is a year later coming to market and not only do they have supply issues, but they can't even compete on features.

C.V.