Quote:

Hey Craig, welcome back! Had any good Green Flash beer lately? Perhaps that would help with your wadding dilemma.

Scott, there is good advice here. The M22's would probably be just fine if you take the time to set them on the front edge of a shelf, and a bit of care to not crowd them with cabinetry or other stuff. The W series is another great suggestion.

But please do your very best to nix the idea of having the sub inside any cabinetry. That's not going to be good for anything or anyone. There are many attractive and/or inconspicuous highly capable subs nowadays.

I don't know how handy you are or how much discretion you have relative to the construction of your dwelling, but I've often thought that - if you have to make the sub disappear completely - a built-in infinite baffle design could be a good option. Hella lotta trouble, though.

A man after my own heart. The Ben Franklin quote is the motto of a friends brewery - though not on their website anymore... www.lazymagnolia.com Before Katrina hit us, I was their pecan roaster. I still work at the brewery on occasion doing their stainless welding and odd equipment repairs, but I can't keep up with their brewing schedule for the pecans...

OK, sorry, way off topic. Since the cabinets aren't finalized yet I've still got room to make the shelves as tall or wide as needed, so I could potentially have room for a pair of M80's if planned properly, and I could section off a book-free opening (all wood), as loose or tight as recommended. As much as I'd like to not shelve the speakers, we ARE going to have a pretty large set of cabinets (162" wide). The room would be way too bare without it. Having the speakers outboard of that would put a focal point way beyond the listening area. At that distance apart, angling the speakers ~22 deg each inward would probably create its own set of sonic troubles. I would think that having the front speakers facing forward. just outboard of the TV (61" DLP, 84" center to center at the tweeters), set on the front edge of the shelves as tomtuttle indicated, would sound alot better. Like I said, I'm not an audiophile.
I've looked at the In-Ceiling/floor/wall subwoofers from the likes of Velodyne, Polk, Def Tech, and am a little wary of these with so few reviews. I do have complete attic access above the room, just finding the sweet spot will be a little tricky - maybe I could get the Mrs to hold them up on the ceiling while I listen around the room. LOL

Comments still welcome. This is over by no means. I'm still learning AND trying to keep peace.

Scott

Scott

My HT