Quote:

ribald satyrs

Good show, Jack!

Laurie, you have a lovely home. I hope you and your family will enjoy it for many years to come.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned propping something under the back of the center channel speaker. Our northern neighbors often use hockey pucks. Perhaps a wad of duct tape would be appropriate in the South. At any rate, I like to put those ~3/8" stick-on vinyl bumpers on the front, bottom outside corners of speakers in such installations, but I live in earthquake country.

You might want to consider moving your main speakers forward into the room just a bit more (so that they are in line with the front plane of the entertainment center). While it seems like a very small adjustment (and may not be possible on the right), having early reflections could muddy the sountstage somewhat. Give it a shot and see if you perceive a difference.

Same thing with the sub. Consider moving it around a bit and conduct some listening tests. Sometimes, even a few inches can make a difference with room interactions at lower frequencies.

As to your surround dilemma, MarkSJohnson mounted his surrounds to a nicely finished wood plate due to plaster concerns. Perhaps simply mounting your existing (FMB?) bracket to a nicely proportioned and polished piece of trim would give you the additional spacing you need. I guess it depends on how much extension you need. The sturdiest of the Omnimount brackets might help, but I don't know if they are actually deeper than the FMB. Note that the amount of force increases very significantly the farther away from the wall you have the weight, so make sure you're hitting a stud or are otherwise comfortable with the security of the mount.

Congrats on a beautiful room!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem