Quote:

Rick, I read about the equipment you recommended on Rotel's website and although its a little more than I really want to spend I may go ahead with them anyways. I called a local audio store that carries Rotel products and when I told him that I was going to use them to power the Axiom M60s he said he had never heard of Axiom before. I told him that they were an online only company and then he felt he needed to warn me by telling me that a trick that online companies like Axion do is to offer a 30 day trial period because they know once people here the speakers even if they are just "OK" they wont return them. He also said that if they were that good they would be out competing in the retail market. He feels like I should go down and audition some of the products he has from his showroom. So what do you think, is he just trying to "make a sale" or is any of what he says valid. Maybe a little bit of both?

LOL! Interesting that he would classify the opportunity to listen to the speakers at your leisure, in your own home, and with your own equipment as a "trick." Ask him if he'll give you his speakers for 30 days to try in your home, and give you full price back if you don't care for them without a restocking fee. And, after he sold you the speakers that he sells, I'd wager the farm, he'd recommend giving those speakers a good 30 days to properly "break in" before you make any decisions. Somehow, I doubt he would classify that as a "trick".

I'm always a bit leery of someone who tries to sell me by running down the competition rather than telling me why I should buy his product. Sorta reminds me of the current crop of politicians who spend all their time telling me why I shouldn't vote for the other candidate, rather than telling me what he stands for and why I should vote for him/her. Yuck!

Never forget that that salesman's job is to get your money out of your pocket and into his. Though those of us here will plead guilty to being biased in favor of Axioms, because we like and own them, in the long run, we really don't care what you buy as long as you end up with a system that pleases you as much as ours please us.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton