Quote:

Fair enough, just seemed curious to me... like I was originally looking at Studio 20s, and I don't go posting around on Paradigm's forum (well, if they had one) that I compared M80s to Cinema 90s and the M80s were the clear winner at any price.

Not trying to shout you down or silence you, just something seems a bit odd about someone interested in everything about a company's speaker except actually owning them.

Maybe just a facet of the hobby some people have that I don't understand, like guys sitting around on cruise nights in a parking lot talking about their cars. *shrugs*

Bren R.

Bren,

Dont get my intentions wrong here. But if you recall, several months ago, I posted that I wanted an audition of any Axiom speaker as I have been so far removed from the sound that I wanted to know how they sounded. I got a few responses, but no audition really turned up.

I gave up... but this guy emails me from an audio forum that we both hang out at, HeadFi.org, with regards to auditioning my Mini (NOT the Summits) vs his Axioms. I thought, "WOW. This is my opportunity to actually hear the Axioms in my own room, again, since the time I owned the M22s." I told him bring over the Axioms and let's do a listening session. The rest is in my initial post.

Now... I dont know why you guys think that the post was to get you riled up. Remember, the Mini is basically $2K and the M3ti is not at that price level.... it's an UNFAIR comparison for sure. A better comparison would be the M80 vs the Mini, I agree.

BUT, get this: I thought the Axiom M3ti sounded good, period. I seriously dont have anything bad to say about the Axioms, zero.

So, instead of pointing out that this may be a troll or a deragatory post against Axiom, know that this post from me was more of a "fun" thread. No harm intended whatsoever.

If you really read Matt's comments carefully, you will note that there were some tracks that the Axioms were actually close to the Minis (aside from bass)... I bet closer than most Mini owners would like to believe.

Joey

2-CH:
SB3+PSA DAC3/Scoutmaster TT -> Cary SLP98P -> Plinius SA102 -> Martin Logan Summit/AV123 Mini