I personally like both but it depends on the recording more than anything. On some recordings I have DPLII sounds too localized towards the front but in stereo it has a fantastic soundstage. Other recordings sound very wide and deep with DPLII but sound strangled in stereo.

As for mlti-channel recordings I really like then for classical. I have to admit though that there are some really crappy recordings. My Silverline recording of the London Phil sounds like garbage. The performance is great but there is so much background artifacts and high-pitch ringing it drives me crazy when I listen to it at medium to high volumes. And the sound difference between the DD and the DTS tracks are like a smack in the face. The DD track has far more background hiss.

Personally I don't care for studio recordings in multi-channel. Classical is a definite thumbs up if the recording is done properly. To be honest I like the 2ch sound so much that I'm planning on picking up a pair of Outlaw M200's for my fronts using the Marantz as a preamp. I want to use these two by themselves for music. Now that I think about it, if I can afford 3 M200's I'll pick up a trio of them for all front speakers. We'll see what happens.

Daniel