Okay, my situation is a little different since I don't currently own Axiom speakers yet. But I'm buying for the future and I need to find a decent amp for my surround setup as it grows into what I want it to be.
As of right now I own two Martin Logan Mosaics (fronts), a Martin Logan Vignette (center) and I am about to buy a HSU VTF-3 MK3 to complete a small setup until we move and I buy the Axioms.
Anyway, the Mosaics and Vignette are rated at 5 and 6ohms so I am in need of a little more power.I currently have a Yamaha RX-V2500 and it drives everything okay, but I know it could be better. Now, my question is for my current setup as well as my future setup (Axiom M80's, QS8's, VP150). I am wondering what would be a best bang for the buck. I am looking at the Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, an Emotiva LPA-1 and Sherwood Newcastle A-965 (Sherwood---because I can get this for around 870.00) I am new to adding an amp to the receiver and I'm not familiar with what I really need. Should I just go with the 2200's as I need them, or go for something like the Emotiva or Sherwood and take care of all 7 channels at once? Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.