Bray--

It doesn't really have to be "either x or y" unless economics dictate it. These Wii seems to complement the other systems quite well. The games are different, and won't replace what you get from the other game system.

I think I was in a similar position to you.

Before Christmas, we had a PS2, and I was dying to get a PS3. For many reasons I finally decided that getting a PS3 could wait until next year when it is likely to be a little less expensive, of better quality/fewer bugs, and have some amazing games available.

So then I started thinking we had to get an xbox 360. In fact, some of the chatter here had me convinced that I absolutely had to have one! As I researched it -- including getting a first person shooter for my PS2 -- I realized that I personally don't love the games that the xbox really excels at. I don't want anyone to take that as a value judgment statement; that is purely a statement about the types of games I like. In fact, I pretty much stick to snowboarding on the PS2 (and some other sports).

That, combined with all of the feedback coming out on the Wii, was when I realized that maybe the Wii wasn't just for little kids. The games are different. In some cases the use of the new controller feels a little forced, but I'm sure that will get much better as developers have more time to create new games.

Man, that got long winded! What I'm trying to say is, really think about the games you like to play, and whether playing with others is an important consideration (I don't get that much time to myself!).

Finally, part of what I thought I cared about were the amazing graphics capabilities of the 360/PS3. Guess what? They are gorgeous (or can be), but the Wii certainly doesn't look bad, and it really is the content that matters in the end.

Homedad, we're loving Excite Truck! My boys really enjoy Rayman (it cracks me up!). The Tony Hawk is OK. Haven't had much time with Madden '07 since everyone is constantly trying to get on the game!

Rich