I remember a while back on the boards, there was a thread about the guys in the "white vans" selling their speakers in parking lots, etc.

I had an experience with something like that myself in Florida, (outside the local mall) in 1986.
Back in the day......stereo was still big business..and they were using this con:

"we have delivered all the speakers we were supposed to, but...we still have two sets of studio monitor speakers left over.......are you interested?
......we can sell them to you, real cheap".
(no, I didn't bite).

That was then.

As most of you know by now, I have moved back to my small, home town in Illinois. All these years, (21 years) and miles later....guess what happened to me in the local big R farm store parking lot?

No, NOT speaker guys.....NOW, they are HOME THEATER GUYS!

I couldn't believe it.......these guys in a van, motioned for me to roll down my window. Thinking they needed help, I did......."we have an invoice for eight complete home theater systems, that we delivered....but, they loaded one too many, and we have to get rid of it, so we can sell it to you.....real cheap".
(no, I still didn't bite).

I think, if these guys were not so creepy, I would have liked to have seen this "complete home theater system"...I mean man, it would have been a HOOT, to see the scam-junk system.......(I DID see those cheesy, "studio monitor speakers", back in the day.....it even SAID studio monitors on the boxes).

I guess the old school, audiophile stereo market, really IS dead.... even these scam-artists have moved on to home theater.

Anyone else here, heard of this "NEW" scam yet?.....IF not, you heard it here first!

Larry

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)