I'm far from a techie expert here but I know what I like. I bought M60's and a VP150 and I'm currently using some old stuff for surrounds.

I listen to every kind of music and I don't often go as heavy as Death Metal but metal is, and always will be, my music of choice when I need to get cheered up or get motivated.

So from a guy with similar interests, I'm sure they won't fail you on bass and/or power and you will hear every scratch of the guitar pick. Hell, you could probably pick out a hangnail on the hammer strikes. So nice to finally have speakers that don't sacrifice clarity for bass.

I was looking at an SVS sub locally and it sounded awesome once I convinced the salesman that turning it up so loud that it rattled it's own case was actually not 'preferred' by some for good sound. I actually ended up going back to Axiom and spending a lot extra $ on their EP500 sub based mostly on their great customer service and because I was so impressed by the quality of the others I bought. I'm not disappointed with it either. It can make your ribs vibrate like you are front row center but it's still blending well. I never heard the two subs side by side so I can't say if the extra money was warranted but I like to reward a company that treats me right and this is definitely a sweet sub. Someday, I hope to have the cash to complete the package with QS8s.

Short story, me and most of my friends are reformed metal heads and every single one of them wants to buy new speakers from Axiom next time their wives are asleep.

Thought you might like a solely amateur ear's perspective.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.