Quote:

I looked underneath the fresh drops off the truck from the factory they already had undercoating on them, but when I went to purchase the car they tried to sell me the "Complete car care package" which included............undercoating!

That's funny enough. When we were buying Lisa's new car (an off-lease Malibu) they suggested undercoating (it was originally factory undercoated, and the original sale was from the same dealer we bought it from, and they'd done a 1,254,562 point inspection)... I mentioned it was already undercoated. They tried to sell us on Sentinel car marking/tracing, whatever they call it... where they mark the car in hidden spots to keep it from ending up in a chop shop. It's a Malibu, not a Carrera... it's got a 3.1L engine... GM's new 350... you can buy 6-packs of the engines at Costco. To add to it, the car's already marked and registered through their dealership by Sentinel (the previous owner already accepted the upsell).

As for electronics retailers. Too many rants. The 3-tier service warranty spiel... bills with salesman commissions on them when bro and I end up carrying 10 VCRs to the front ourselves while 3 guys are drooling over a blonde looking at a 20" television CRT... and the one guy that suggested "Monster cable is awesome... if I want my stereo to sound like shit (his word) then I could disregard his advice, but I'd be sorry" when I was looking for a "subwoofer" cable.

I bristle every time I walk into one of those places.

Bren R.