Quote:

The center and bookshelves will probably have to be the M2 series in each.

Heh... that's where I got the idea you were going with an M2 for the center!

Yeah... when I was suggesting those upgrades, I was hoping there might be some other options than the QS stands for the surrounds. Those are steep in price. If you read a lot of the forum posts, etc., you'll see people talking about how "forgiving" the QS surrounds are for placement, such that they can go just about anywhere in the right general area, including the rear wall. I am in the planning stages, and others have suggested rear wall placement for me, as I'll have some side-mounting difficulties. Wall mounting brings in its own set of problems (wiring... in wall?), but at least doesn't add $280. Nonetheless, I'm somewhat particular about it... and want to get the surrounds to function as well as possible, so I don't know if I'll be satisfied with rear wall placement if it isn't ideal. I'm going to buy my surrounds without the stands... and figure out whether my "bad" side mount option or rear mount option is the way to go. If I'm not satisfied, I'll probably look at the stands (and I've actually considered making my own... a similar design of wood with a weighted base).