Really hate to bug you guys with computer questions, but I'm at my wits end.

Bought a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive, and using the Seagate software, partitioned it into 3 sections. I want to install my OS on one of the partitions (Non RAID), and here is where I'm running into trouble. When I was booting from the XP CD, it wouldn't recognize the SATA drive. Did a little research, and they mentioned something about having a supplimentary boot with a 3.5" floppy. So to the basement I went, dug out the drive, ripped open the tower and hooked it up. Coppied the files I needed, and started over.

After starting the boot from the XP CD-Rom, it will flip to the floppy, and the whole system hangs. Over and over. So I disconnected the floppy drive altogether. Unbeleivably, the same thing still happens! It starts booting, then hangs just as the screen goes blue. Can't get it to the point where I choose a drive or partition to install the OS. (I have two copies of XP and it does the same thing with both copies) Any thoughts?

The system still runs fine booting from the existing IDE drive. (XP Professional)

Also, during the initial start-up, the system BIOS recognizes the SATA drive, but XP (running on the existing IDE drive) doesn't.
Second also - after reading a bit more, I only need the floppy if I plan to set it up for RAID. (Which I don't)

System:
Motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=K8Upgrade-VM800&s
Processor: AMD 754-pin Sempron 2800+ 1.6GHz
Memory: 768 Meg DDR 233Mhz
Video: GeForce 6200 / 256MB DDR / AGP 8x/4x / DVI / VGA / TV Out

I know, a little on the weak side but does what we need for now. (Surf, e-mail, MP3's)

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.