A nice 5 watt per channel SET tube amp can drive the M22s very, very sweetly. I have a collection of amps in my systems, but my favorite and best sounding is an Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT integrated 5 wpc in triode mode (15 wpc in pentode which I don't use), a pair of M22 like speakers (Michaura M55s), a Vance Dickason Titanic 10" sub, and an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb tube output CD player.

My high powered solid state amplified systems certainly sound louder, and they sound very good in their own rights, but for high fidelity, easy to listen to music reproduction, I'll take the low powered single end triode integrated tube amp system.

BTW, in one system, I use 3 Onkyo M282 2 channel amps (100 wpc) and a Sony STRDB 1070 for processing, a Toshiba SD9200 DVD Audio player for source, 4 M22 like Michaura M55s, an Axiom made Merak MC6H center speaker, a Dahlquist 15" PDQ1500 sub and a 1640 watt Klipsch LF10 sub.

The other solid state system uses an Anthem PVA-5 120 wpc x 5 amp, and a Kenwood KA9100 2 channel for channels 6+7, an Onkyo 797 used as a processor, a Philips SACD 1000 source, a giant Klipsch KLF-C7 center speaker, a pair of M60 like Michaura M665s up front, a pair of M50 like Michaura M66s on the sides, and a pair of Mission 77ds back surrounds, an SVS 20-39 sub and a Velodyne CHT100 sub in stereo arrangement through an Outlaw ICBM-1 bass manager.

Most pleasant to listen to? They're all great and I enjoy each system very much, but the best of the bunch for music? the 2 channel tube amped system with a pair of M22 like speakers.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.