Quote:

Quote:

The EP400 was produced to fill a specific need that was being requested of us over and over. This was to pack real sub-woofer performance into the smallest possible enclosure. It was not created to be a cheaper version of the EP500 and in fact if you do not have any concern over the enclosure size then the EP500 would be the way to go. If our goal was to bring out a less expensive EP500 then we would definitely utilize a larger enclosure. Adding to enclosure size is an inexpensive way (to a point) of boosting a sub’s performance without having to spend more on the sub’s amp and driver technologies. So really are you asking us if we could revisit the EP350 and see if we could boost its performance by adding about $50 to the selling price? That sounds like it might be a good idea.

If you get get the 350 to a price point where its performance rivals its competitors in the same price range, I think more people would opt for the 350. Sort of a less powerfull EP500, goes down to 20hz but not nearly as loud as the EP500. I am not sure of how the logistics work with how much things cost so I am not sure how that would work.

If increasing the cabinet size of the 350 would allow it to extend down to 20hz, I think you would have a real winner. Just look at the SVS PB-12...that thing is a monster and it has had great ratings from sub enthusiasts, people are willing buy a bigger sized sub for cheaper to get better performance.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com