Quote:

Just going by the specs on both, I think you would find it difficult to notice any real difference between the 2. I take it the Denon has not arrived yet?

No, the Denon has not arrived. I ask this question for a couple of reasons.

1. The Marantz does not allow me to change the crossover setting to my sub, it is internally set at 100 Hz.

2. My Wife, GOD love her, needs to watch movies with the volume turned way up because she says she can't hear the dialog from the center channel very well. That seems to put a strain on my VP100 and I am hearing a bit of distortion in the left woofer. I'm wondering if the 100 Hz crossover is too high and, thus, too much bass is going to my VP100 and causing the problem.

I posed this dilemma around last Thanksgiving prior to my owning my Hsu subwoofer. I had hoped that the inclusion of a sub into my system would cure the distortion problem, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

My room is approximately 14' x 20' and I sit approximately 15' away from the center channel. I have calibrated the system with an SPL meter and Avia disk with the speakers all reading 75dB. I have "upped" the dB level to the sub and it is set around 85 dB, I think. Alan, and others, suggested that maybe I should be running a VP150 and that would take care of it.

I just thought that using the Denon's adjustable crossover to 80 Hz may be a viable option. If not, then the next step will be a VP150 before the Q8's.

VP100, M60ti's, HSU STF-2, Marantz SR7200, 55" Mitsubishi