Thank you for the follow ups. As I was writing "Ajax, " "jakeman," and "dllewel", I couldn't help but laugh a little as they reminded me of the call signs "Maverick," "Goose", and "Iceman" in Top Gun. The EP-500 is indeed a great subwoofer but I needed a lot of hand-holding by these three guys to set it up properly.

My wife has always been on my case with the HT room ever since its inception. I have developed a numbness for such comments like "what are you buying again this time?", "I hate that room of yours," "you spend more time on that room than on your family...", etc. She would really be as happy watching a decent movie on a 35" TV with nothing else as she would watching a movie on a large projection screen with a full sound setup. For these reasons, I think she gave the EP-500 its biggest tribute ever when I asked her what she thought of it after a movie; she said the sub gave more "body" to the movie; she said there was more "character" than before. We had watched The Guardian past weekend, and indeed there was a sense of realism that was missing before; it seemed as though we were watching the rescue scenes in the ocean from a nearby ship and feeling the powerful waves, the wind, and the air being forced down from the helicopter's propellers. I think I like the EP-500 more with every movie. My only concern now is that I don't know what to buy next for the HT room.

John

John
Our HT