Quote:

Nah, just a poke at fearmongering or fanatical supporters.

OK OK, it was meant much more tounge and cheek than maybe it came across....(evil empire)....maybe one or two of these wold have helped..

I've used all the formats out there at one time or another. Also use Microsoft on most of my PC's, and Apple, I've even had several Linux boxes over the years. As I said, WMA is fine. And side by side to FLAC, WMA Lossless sounds identical. However if some day we find that WMA only works on certain companie's machines, or DRM is put in place with it, then I would rather have FLAC. There's a reason for Open Source and I'm much more comfortable with it. Maybe it's the anarchist in me!

Either way is personal choice that folks need to research and find out for themselves.

As for converting to MP3 from WMA, there's tons of software out there to do it, as is with FLAC. There's really no need for lossless in comparison to a 256 MP3 when it comes to car audio, portable or any other non critical listening. Use the format that works best for you and your situation.