I'm looking for advice on speakers for my new home theater. I heard about Axiom a while back, and was planning on going with them because of the great reviews on this forum and elsewhere on the web. Now I'm ready to buy speakers, but in final checking around I came across Rocket speakers, which also has terrific reviews. I have not heard either of these speakers, so it is hard to choose between them. Sound for movies is the most important factor, with price, looks, etc. being secondary.

Has anyone here heard both? Which has the better sound for home theater?

One review I saw from someone that listened to both slightly preferred Rocket because they felt they had better imaging/soundstage. However, they just had a pair of speakers and were comparing them for music, but for me it is the theater sound that matters most.

My reciever is a HK AVR 7300. The room is rectangular and around 13' wide and 15' long with 10' ceilings. I will have a 7.1 setup. The back row of seating will be quite close the the back wall--will the downward firing QS8 as the rear be better for this situation?

For Axiom the system would be (2) M80 front, VP150 center, (4) QS8 surrounds. Either an EP600 or a Hsu VTF-3 HO subwoofer.

For Rockets it would be (2) RS760 front, RSC200 center, (4) RSS300 surrounds. Either an UFW-12 or a Hsu VTF-3 HO subwoofer.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!