Hi:
I am thinking of getting the M60s for mains to start a HT system. I have the Yamaha 659 receiver and right now have some old JBL 2600s (bookshelf)which sound OK. If right now I want to get one more speaker group, would I be better of getting a center, sub or surrounds? I will likely get all eventually, but this is all I want to spend at the moment.
The mix is 70% music, 30% movies (or so). Which will add the most to the listening experience until I can fill in the rest? I am a geezer (52) and don't like the music too loud these days. Also, the room is wide, but while sitting in front of the speakers, you are only 9 feet back, I was going to just get the m22s, but thought that the m60s might avoid upgradeitis when I buy a place.

Also, while I have always liked the woodgrain, my girlfriend insists that the black speakers have a higher waf, since they will blend in with anything else. Right now the only one that I have to please is me, but who knows... If I am not going to get the veneer, am I better off with the black? How do others like their black speakers.

Answer quickly as I was going to surprise myself with these speakers as a birthday gift to me.

Thank you for the input.