alright here goes this is what I have in mind to do. I hate it when on the screen to my right say an explosion occurs and my sub which now is in the front on my far left ,well it produces then sound. although it fills the room but, I can tell it originated from the left. So here is my plan.
4 subs....2 EP 500's for up front 6ft apart on each side of the screen. Two Ep 350's in the rear in the corners about 1ft down the side wall.
Ok, now I am going to use the subs cutoff on all subs, so on the left side I run the speaker wire from the left channel to the left channel on the subs filter then carry on to the speaker, same idea to the right. Then using the center channel I bi-wire and send one to the right sub using the left filter then over to the center channel. I then run the other wire from the centre channel to the left sub using the right filter connections then to the centre channel.
Now for the rears, I run the left rear to the left sub on filter left and the left back to the subs right filter then proceed to the speakers. I would do the same to the opposite sides. I know this sounds confusing , but if I can draw it out and post it, it wouldn't be.

No when sound dialog or sound goes to the centre channel it would be filtered by both front sub cutoffs or if and explosion sonuds to the left speaker then only the left speaker would get the sound as it does but the left sub would only get the low frequencies therefore sound would come from over there. also if there is a low frequency signal to either left rear or left back speakers then the left rear sub would produce the low end. visa versa to to rights. I know that surrond backs produce the same mono track but later on when 7 channel encoding comes along I will be setup for it.

no I have distinct sound coming from distinct locations

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry