Ahoj,

I was hoping to benefit from the collective wisdom of the Axiom crew with regard to LCD televisions. I have recently been offered a position with the Feds in Ottawa beginning this summer. I need to pick up a few things for the new pad and a tv is one of them. I have ~ 3 months before I have to pull the trigger.

I'm fairly set on going with a 37inch LCD and really can't justify spending more than $1300-$1400. I need to be able to connect my computer to it and would prefer 2 HDMI slots. Other than that, I am fairly flexible.

Also noteworthy - I am not particularly fussy about having the absolute best picture quality. I do want HDTV but I can never see much of a difference between the various sets.

Question time:
1) Should I stay away from the entry level brands such as Insignia, Protron, Prima, etc? I'm really reluctant to buy any of these even though the prices are tempting. I don't have any particular issues with the picture quality but am more concerned with the unit crapping out repeatedly.

2) It seems like a number of mid-level units (LG, HP, Sharp, Toshiba, Westinghouse) dip into my budget when Futureshop or Best Buy have sales on. Any recommendations?

3) What does a typical LCD warrenty sell for? Is it worth purchasing?

4) Any particular features specifications I need to look out for?

I would really appreciate hearing your advice.

All the best,

J